Qualifying for BASICS Hampshire

BH doctor at crash

You need to be:

* an independent practitioner, either hospital-level consultant or consultant nurse, signed off under the clinical governance frame work that supports the air ambulance, and part of the air ambulance clinical team and flying regularly.

* all such clinicians, will need to come from a hospital background where RSI and advanced airway management is a routine part of their practice.

* able to drive independently on blue lights,  achieved RoSPA gold level driving, and then subsequently passed the SCAS blue light driver training course.  We’re fundraising to pay for you to take time off and working with SCAS to make sure you can do it in a week.

 This all may change in the future, but is highly likely to remain closely linked to the Air Ambulance clinical governance structure.   If you want to talk to someone about how you can do this, contact Dr Ewan McMorris text 07956 191832 or email eljmcmorr@aol.com, copying to jay.andrews@hotmail.co.uk.